Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q & A Thread 2/29- 4/4

Default Q & A Thread 2/29- 4/4

Please post questions here you would like the Officers and BOD's to answer. Answers will be posted on Wednesday’s of every week by 12:00 p.m. so please get your questions in no later than 6:45 p.m. on Tuesday evening

IF THERE IS NO RESPONSE I WILL KEEP THE CURRENT THREAD OPEN
    Last edited by britt burgos; 03-29-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    President

Hi Brittney,

I was wondering what the general plan was for the September race in Lucerne Valley, CA with MORE. Is it still planned to be a joint venture? Is it going to be a day or night race? I am looking forward to it, thank you for the information. Also, if you know by chance, is the plan for the start to be off Bessimer Mine Rd. or Camp Rock Rd.? -Erik Irvine

Quote Originally Posted by Erikirvine View Post
    Hi Brittney,

I was wondering what the general plan was for the September race in Lucerne Valley, CA with MORE. Is it still planned to be a joint venture? Is it going to be a day or night race? I am looking forward to it, thank you for the information. Also, if you know by chance, is the plan for the start to be off Bessimer Mine Rd. or Camp Rock Rd.? -Erik Irvine
    This is quote I pulled off of the MORE website. I hope it helps:

Jim@MORE Wednesday, April 11, 2012 03:13 PM
    Host: cpe-76-93-162-121.san.res.rr.com
    Yes Mike it will. It is going to be on a 75 mile course Starting at 3 PM and running till 11:30 PM off Bessermer mine road with 8 miles of new course going around the accident area which is close to running now. Start Finish will be on Soggy dry lake.

Default t-shirt vendor

Anyone know how to get in contact with Pro Designs? I believe they do the T-shirts for the races, missed getting a shirt at the PCI 300, wanted to see if they had anymore. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dc Racing View Post
    Anyone know how to get in contact with Pro Designs? I believe they do the T-shirts for the races, missed getting a shirt at the PCI 300, wanted to see if they had anymore. Thanks.
    pro designs 760-221-3845
    BILL SHAPLEY
    TECH DIRECTOR
    SNORE

Quote Originally Posted by vw2nut View Post
    pro designs 760-221-3845
    Awesome! Thanks bill!

Default Caliente?

Hello,

My name is Tim and I'm new to the racing scene, I've been hanging around the BOR races last year and was planning on racing my 1600 sportsman buggy in Caliente.

A few questions...

I know plans have changed just recently, but do you know about entry fees for Caliente for a 1600 sportsman buggy? Would they be the fees listed under "SNORE 250" on the website? If you don't know, do you know how soon we would know?

Also, in SNORE races how do you run the sprotsman classes? Do sportsmen get to run the full course? Grand Prix finish or time limit?

Will you still hold to the same schedule that BOR has advertised, or are things changing? Will you still have a pre-fun-run?

Will transponders be available for purchase at the race?

Thank you, Just trying to make plans.

Tim

[QUOTE=TimS;14066]Hello,

My name is Tim and I'm new to the racing scene, I've been hanging around the BOR races last year and was planning on racing my 1600 sportsman buggy in Caliente.

A few questions...

I know plans have changed just recently, but do you know about entry fees for Caliente for a 1600 sportsman buggy? Would they be the fees listed under "SNORE 250" on the website? If you don't know, do you know how soon we would know?

$150 -Entry Fee Class 15, 13, 1450, VORE
    $160 - Insurance
    $85 - Land Management Fee
    $40 Administration Fee
    Total Entry for the Above Classes: $435
    this would be plus membership fee of $30 for each driver - co-driver.

Also, in SNORE races how do you run the sportsman classes? Do sportsmen get to run the full course? Grand Prix finish or time limit?

yes sportsman cars do run the full course they just run less laps.

Will you still hold to the same schedule that BOR has advertised, or are things changing? Will you still have a pre-fun-run?

yes there will be a fun run. the schedule should be the same

Will transponders be available for purchase at the race?

yes transponders will be available at sign up they are $80.00 each

Thank you, Just trying to make plans.
    BILL SHAPLEY
    TECH DIRECTOR
    SNORE

Awesome!! Thanks for the quick reply. One more if you don't mind. How many laps does sportsman run? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TimS View Post
    Awesome!! Thanks for the quick reply. One more if you don't mind. How many laps does sportsman run? Thanks.
    wont know until the race director lets us all know.
    but if the pros run 6 laps we run 4
    if the pros run 5 laps we run 3
    usually....
    BILL SHAPLEY
    TECH DIRECTOR
    SNORE